Miss Earth is a beauty contest, which aims to
spread global awareness about various environmental issues. Check out
some interesting & fun facts on Miss Earth.
Miss Earth Trivia
Miss Earth is an international beauty contest held
annually. It aims at promoting environmental awareness, for a greener
and cleaner planet. The reigning titleholders dedicate themselves to
various environmental projects. Apart from this, they also participate
in tree planting ceremonies, environmental and cultural immersion
programs, sponsor visits and tours. In this article, we have given
trivia about the prestigious contest.
Interesting and Fun Facts on Miss Earth
- The first edition of Miss Earth was launched by Carousel
Productions in 2001.
- Since its establishment, the beauty contest has been held every
year in Philippines.
- Latest edition of the contest, the eighth one, will be held on
November 2008 at the Clark Expo Amphitheater in Angeles City,
- Eighty-five beauties from across the globe are participating in
Miss Earth 2008.
- Countries making their debut in the contest include Bhutan, Congo
D.R., Guam, Luxembourg, Malta, Rwanda, Scotland, Serbia and South
- Turkey, Hungary and Kosovo, Jamaica, Greece, Honduras, Pakistan,
Panama, Russia and Tahiti have made a comeback in Miss Earth 2008,
after discontinuing their participation in the contest for few
- Applicants of the contest should be pageant winners or chosen by
national Miss Earth directors from different countries.
- Catharina Svensson, from Denmark, was the first titleholder of
- Miss Canada Jessica Trisko bagged the title of Miss Earth in
- "Beauties For a Cause" is the slogan adopted by Miss
- Arnel Papa, Young Designer Awardee, is the mastermind behind the
design of the coveted Miss Earth crown.
- The beautiful crown is made up sterling silver, embellished with
clear Swarovski and pearls. Adding to the sparkling effect of the
crown are red and blue Swarovski pearls.
- Winner of the contest is entitled to the Miss Earth crown. Her
runners-up are given titles named after other natural elements of
- The third runner-up is given the title Miss Fire. The second
runner-up is entitled to Miss Water, while the first runner-up is
bestowed the title Miss Air.
- Apart from the declaration of the winner and runners-up, special
awards are also given to the participants of Miss Earth.